Monday, April 8, 2019

Week 36 - Death of Hermana Manley

Hola Everyone:

So, this week went by super-fast and honestly it was sort of boring!  But the first thing I want to say is that I got transferred today and so did my Companion Elder Bodegas.  Yeah, we were able to get 3 baptism’s in this area, but President Kimball decided to close it again from having missionaries.

Before I tell you about transfers, I will tell you how the rest of the week went!  So, on Tuesday, I went on interchanges with Elder Thorpe and worked in his area for the day.  It was pretty fun and we were able to contact a bunch of people.  On Wednesday, we had our last District Meeting and we celebrated the “death” of Hermana Manley as she went home this transfer.  We made the meeting like a funeral which was pretty cool.  On Thursday, I went in interchanges with Elder Fausett.  We worked in my area for the day and had a pretty great time and worked hard.

On Friday, we got a phone call from the Assistants telling us that the decision had been made to close our area and that both of us were getting transferred out!  So, we both started packing up everything in the house.  In addition to packing everything up in the house, we also had to clean up everything since we were closing down this area.

On Saturday, we went to the Church to watch General Conference and for all the English speakers, they put us in a little room where we could watch it in English.  Conference was really good, but honestly, I was surprised that there were no big changes this time.  We had all heard they were making changes to the missionary program, but I guess not this time.

So now for transfers. I have been transferred to Tulancingo and my new Companion is Elder Perez who is from Lima Peru.  Honestly, it was pretty hard to say goodbye to Elder Bodegas. We have become great friends and he is the best comp I have had!  Anyway, this morning I got on the bus and traveled East to Tulancingo which is about 50 Km east of Pachuca.  After I got to Tulancingo, I waited a little while for my new companion and member to pick me up in their car and off we went to my new home.  I will tell you more about the area and my new home next week.

I love being a missionary and serving the people of Mexico!

Love

Elder Fawcett


Our Last District Meeting
















Funeral Ceremony!
















Goodbye Hermana Manley!
















Our Hermana's!
















Watching General Conference

















The English Speakers!