Monday, October 7, 2019

Week 62 - Hard to Believe How Much I Have Learned!

Hola Everyone:

Well, this past week has been really good and my companion and I have been working really hard trying to contact new people to teach, but it has been going a little slow! The people in this area are just not really receptive to our message it seems lately. We have found a few people and have taught a few lessons this past week, but no one is really starting to progress yet.

This coming week we are looking forward to the Baptism of Nancy and her daughter. We have finally finished up the lessons with them, so that will be the highlight of the coming week! They were both referrals from our Bishop and should be great members of the Church.

As for exciting stories for the week, I really can’t think of any. Elder George and I are spending a lot of time studying together. I really enjoy being a trainer and it is really hard to believe how much I have learned myself since I have been on a mission. Four weeks before I entered the MTC, my brother Taylor came home from Peru and I remember listening to him speak Spanish and knowing that I would never be able to speak like that. But having been here in Mexico for over a year now, I know how much I have been blessed to learn Spanish and I feel that I am just as good as my brother is.

This past weekend, our District got together at the Church to watch General Conference in English. There were a lot of great talks that really made me feel the spirit and it was great to hear from the Prophets of God. Unfortunately, we really didn’t do anything fun with any members, but just enjoyed our Coke’s with real sugar while watching.

This coming week, we have Zone Conference and interviews with the Mission President so that should also be something exciting to write about next week!  My pictures for the week are sort of lacking but I really enjoy being out of the city and the countryside that I get to enjoy while riding around my area!

I hope everyone has a great week!

Love,

Elder Fawcett


Kind of Reminds Me of Home!











Long Road to????