Wednesday, August 22, 2018

Week 3 - Feeling Like Indiana Jones!


Hola Everyone,

So, I know I just barely wrote. However, my P-days in the CCM are on Wednesdays. The only reason why it was on Friday last week was because we went to immigration, which is what I am going to talk mainly about. On Friday we left the walls to travel an hour away from the CCM. I was sadly not permitted to bring my camera and a missionary always follows the rules! So, to start, I didn’t have to ride in the giant yellow bus (which is what we usually ride in).  My District and I got the privilege of riding in a giant “White Kidnapper’s Van”. It was nice to be comfortable for a moment while we were driving out of the CCM. However, that comfort was short lived. I know I have talked about the streets of Mexico a little before, but I finally have something I can compare it to. This comparison came to me as we drove to immigration. Now I don’t know how many of you have been to Disneyland, but driving in the streets of Mexico is like the Indian Jones ride. From the best memory I have of it, I relate it to the Indian Jones video before you ride; “You may experience sudden stops, jerks, bumps, and falls as your car bumps and jerks around the track."  As your car bumps around the track, you have to hold on for dear life even after you’ve been strapped in! Here in Mexico, it’s the same idea. You experience sudden stops and stalls of the car; then sudden jerks from mostly people not using their blinkers. And here in Mexico, their stop signs are just speed bumps because that’s the only way they slow down!

Anyway, we finally arrived to this run-down building.  As we were getting out of the van, people stared at us. Some looked very unhappy to see us and made faces. Others however, smiled and said hello. We all lined up and went inside. Once inside we talked to an employee and they fingerprinted us. And just like that I became a Mexican Citizen (Fiesta!). We rode back to the CCM and I got to play some basketball. Elder Niccum and I were the only white guys playing. It was hard to understand what the Natives were saying, but laughter and cheering is easy to understand. I got a realization at that moment that I love Latino people. They are very kind and funny.

In closing, I would like to testify of Jesus Christ. I know with my Whole Being that Jesus Christ loves me. I love Him so much. I am so grateful for His Atonement and the chances he has given me to repent. I can never thank him enough. I testify that He misses and loves us. He wants us to live with Him and Our Heavenly Father again in the next life. He is our Greatest Brother and our Greatest Friend. I am so beyond grateful for the opportunity I have to bear His name on my heart. I can’t wait to walk the streets everyday and share His Gospel with the people. I am grateful I am a member of His Church. I love my Savior and Father in Heaven. I love being a missionary!    
                                                                              
Love you all,

Elder Fawcett

Pictures from Today's Temple Trip

Typical CCM Breakfast



Elder Fawcett and Elder Wells










Outside the CCM





Carrying Gas in a Damaged Truck!












Can't Wait to Go, 2+ Weeks







City


Hill Side











Bus Stop













Sure Miss This Place!










Beautiful Mexico City Temple