Wednesday, August 29, 2018

Week 4 - A Visit From Elder Bednar

Hola Everyone,

So, my time in the CCM is starting to come to a close.  I must say it is a love/hate feeling.  I am going to miss my District and the pre-made food.  I am excited to get into the field and really work hard!  I can’t wait to test my Spanish!  This week has probably been my hardest week in the CCM and also the best.  My Spanish is sort of getting pretty good I must say!  I still struggle to pronunciate things and understand sometimes.  However, I can testify that the Gift of Tongues is real.  I got to meet some Latinos going to Pachuca and that was cool.  I love speaking Spanish even though its’s hard, its fun.  Latino people are the best, they are kind, loving and also laugh at all the jokes I tell them!  I just can’t wait to teach the Latino people. 

So, this week we had a really cool experience.  Elder Bednar came and gave the CCM a lesson.  He talked about faith and how we can have better faith.  He also talked about how when we get home from our missions, we need to look for a good Gospel Centered girl.  However, he told us not to look for a perfect girl because there isn’t one.  Marriage is something that must be worked for!  God will ordain any worthy Man and Women’s marriage.  He also talked about how the restoration of the Gospel happens every day.  It is never done!  He told us that if we think 189 temples are a lot, we should “stayed tuned”!  He also said we will see miracles that have never happened in this dispensation.  He was just so amazing to listen to!

He gave us a blessing that we would get lost in the work.  I loved hearing from the Apostle.  I also noticed that he never testified that Jesus Christ is resurrected or anything, he always said “I witness”, most of the Apostles say this.  I believe they have seen and talked with the Great Jehovah.  He told us “we died in Pre-mortality to be born into mortality.  We died in mortality to be born into eternity”.  He also said, “missions are boot camps, they prepare us for the rest of our lives.  It’s to often that missionaries go home and go inactive.”  We must always keep our covenants and stay on course or we will regret it in the next life.

I have gotten a strong testimony of what I want my life to be when I come home. When I come home, I want to be strong in the Gospel.  I want to marry a woman that puts God and the Church 100% first in her life.  I want to have a solid marriage and be solid in the Church.  I want to be married in the Temple and be Sealed Forever to my wife.  I want to have Kids and be Sealed to them forever.  I want to have a home of Peace and Love.  I know many of you are probably thinking, “why are you thinking about this on a mission!”  I testify to you that this is something that the Lord wanted me to gain a testimony of from Elder Bednar.  I testify that marriage is ordained by God between a Man and a Women.  I testify that this Gospel is the greatest thing on the earth and this it is true and perfect.  I testify that Jesus Christ stands at the Head of the Church.  How blessed we are to have a modern-day Prophet.  How blessed am I to be a missionary and wear Jesus Christ’s name on my heart every day!  I love being a missionary and I love you all.

Love

Elder Fawcett


New Hair Cuts for Elders Fawcett and Williams









CCM Laundry Room







Mexico CCM Mural









# of Missionary's in the CCM







My Class Room









Class Room White Board


My CCM District






Where We Study


My Mission








Missions in Mexico




Our Dorm









The Wall!