Wednesday, September 5, 2018

Week 5 - Ready to Go to the Field!

Hola Everyone,

So, I have made it to my final week in the CCM. I must say that I am ready to go to the field. I know that my Spanish isn’t nearly good enough, but faith is a principle of action. So, I am taking the little Spanish I know into the field. The CCM has brought many experiences into my life. I have learned how to be a better person, to have more patience with myself and others, and to have faith in my Savior Jesus Christ and my Father in Heaven. I have gained a better testimony of this Gospel and this Church. I have gained a greater love for the creation, people, the Gospel, the Church, my Family, Jesus Christ, The Holy Ghost, and my Heavenly Father. The Mexico MTC is the greatest place (even though I’m counting down the days till I leave)! It is a very well taken care of place. From the grounds to the pianos, everything is beautiful. I am beyond blessed to have spent 6 weeks here. I thank the Lord everyday for the chance he has given me to be here. The employees, the President’s, etc.… Everyone here is amazing. The Latino employees are very patient and loving. I am beyond lucky to teach the Latino people. 

I can also testify that the Lord does indeed bless his missionaries. I have always felt the Spirit every day. I have watched my Spanish come from nothing to almost being able to understand everything the teachers say (week 5 & 6 is Spanish only. So, the teachers only speak Spanish). I am starting to be able to speak more Spanish and use the tenses. However, I am far from perfect or even semi-fluent. I know through more hard work and faith; The Lord will bless me to say what I need to when I need to. Again, I am grateful for the opportunity I’ve had to have been able to be here in the Mexico MTC. I truly have met some amazing people along with having some amazing experiences in which I would like to share.

One day I woke up and was feeling a little homesick. I went to early morning study in the classroom. It was a personal study. I always start my studies with a prayer because a missionary always should. Also, in case anyone is wondering, missionaries average about 10 prayers a day. So, I prayed that I would have help understanding my purpose better and help to stay better focused. After ending my prayer, I opened my Book of Mormon and came across Alma 42:31. “And now, O my son, ye are called of God to preach the word unto this people. And now, my son, go thy way, declare the word with truth and soberness, that thou mayest bring souls unto repentance, that the great plan of mercy may have claim upon them. And may God grant unto you even according to my words. Amen.” These were the words I needed. I know the Lord wanted me to read this. Every day I read this scripture to help me remember my purpose and my duty to The Lord. I testify that The Lord hears and answers our prayers. 

This next thing I’m about to share is very special to me and I do not feel at liberty to share the whole thing. However, I do feel that it is ok to share a little about this experience. So, a couple nights ago I went to bed around 10:15 (which is 15 minutes before the deadline), I was usually tired. So, I went to bed like a normal night and I started dreaming. In this dream, a little girl came up to me and I felt just this overwhelming love for her even though I didn’t recognize her. She was a little older than a toddler and could walk and talk like any human at that age could. She was the cutest little girl I have ever seen. As she walked up to me, I asked for her name and she said, “Lily.” I felt chills run up my spine in my dream. I then noticed that she had a dirty face, and I used a napkin to wipe her face clean. That is all I feel I will share about this dream. When I woke up, I could remember my whole dream. I then started to ponder about my dream. I prayed about it and had a thought pop into my head, “that little girl would be important in my life someday.”  I had that impression come into my thoughts and I felt the spirit testify of it. I am still trying to come to grips with it. I get chills when I think about it. I also thought about the hymn “Consider the Lilies,” one of mine and my Mom’s favorites. Also, in D&C 84:82. “For, consider the lilies of the field, how they grow, they toil not, neither do they spin; and the kingdoms of the world, in all their glory, are not arrayed like one of these.” 

In closing, I would like to say I have loved the MTC and I am excited for the field. I know the Lord will bless me with my Spanish and efforts. I love The Lord and my Savior Jesus Christ. I love you all and I love being a missionary!

Love,

Elder Fawcett


Shining My Shoes Before I Hit the Field




One of the Parrots at the CCM


Elder's Wells, Rawlins, Fawcett and Williams 









My Last Week Dot on My Name Tag



CCM Post Office








CCM Cafeteria


Me, Proving I'm the Biggest in the District!












CCM Barber Shop


CCM Store








The CCM Devotional Center









CCM Gym











CCM Water Tower