Monday, January 14, 2019

Week 24 - Opening a New Area!

Hola,

Well, today was transfers. I was transferred to a new area in Pachuca called San Fernando and my Zone is Pachuca Central. My new companion is none other than Elder Bodegas who I have known for a long time and he is from Guatemala. I’m super excited about that! He only speaks Spanish, so that’s good and I am hoping that he will be able to teach me a lot of Spanish!  We are both opening this new area and it looks like we are going to be all over the place. My previous companion, Elder McBreaitry was telling me that since Elder Bodegas and I are opening this new area, that means that either he’s probably only going to stay here for a cycle or I’m only going to stay here a cycle. And then someone’s probably going to leave, but not always. So, I guess we’ll see what happens. But for the most part, I’m pretty satisfied with the changes. I was ready for something new. We are excited to start working hard in this new area. 

As far as an update on investigators, when I left Tecamac we had found a family of four that I told you about last week. They are Gabriela, Melanie, Angel, and Valerie.  We taught them this past week and things are going pretty good with them. The only thing is, is their son has some kind of mental issues and he will stare. He also suffers with anger issues. We went over there to teach them and when we arrived, he had thrown all of the family’s clothes outside. It made us feel bad because his mom is a single mom and tries really hard. So, the son has some issues. But we have given him a blessing and they have set a date to be baptized and I hope that they do. I plan on going back to the area to see them get baptized if I can So, that’s going to be fun but that’s all as far as my investigators go. 

As far as Elder Bodegas and I know, we do not have anyone to teach right now since it’s a new area.  So, we really have our work cut out for us but I am really excited to serve with him! 

Lately, I’ve been asked quite a bit to share my testimony. So, I decided to share it the best I can. My time on my mission has helped me grow in so many ways. Growth, like most things, isn’t always a comfortable thing. There have been many times on my mission when the pain or the discomfort of the growth of my testimony has driven me to tears and to my knees to plead with The Father. The growth of a testimony can sometimes hurt due to things or experiences you are going through. However, every single challenge and every pain we go through as mortals has already been felt by our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ.  There is not one thing we could feel or go through that He has not felt and suffered through. On my mission and throughout my own conversion, I have come to know the need of the Gospel in one’s life. Sadly, many of my friends and others I know have decided that they don’t need the Gospel or the Church and they think it restricts them. To these people I just want to say that you are wrong. If you choose to live your life without the Gospel you might have temporal happiness, but it will all come to an end some day! Sin isn’t happiness (Alma 41:10) and just because you may not understand the Church or the Gospel of Jesus Christ, it doesn’t mean it’s not true. It really hurts my heart to see others disrespect the Gospel and live a life of sin. After seeing some people get married here in Mexico, I have noticed more often than not, they aren’t married in the temple. As a missionary, I issue this reminder; Marriage is only eternal if two people are sealed in the temple. I am beyond grateful for the Atonement of Jesus Christ, without it I wouldn’t be a missionary. Repentance and forgiveness are a true gift of The Lord. I love being a missionary and for the opportunity to be serving the wonderful people of Mexico. 

I love you all!

Love,

Elder Fawcett 




                                                                                Elder Fawcett's New Home


Elder's Fawcett and McBreiatry with Member in Tecamac










My New Home in Pachuca









Front Room












Our Kitchen
















Bathroom














Beds







My Closet
















My Desk