Monday, May 20, 2019

Week 42 - Being Watched Over!!

Hola Everyone!

Well sorry, this is going to be a really short letter today.  I was transferred and I just got to my new area. My new Area is in the North West corner of Pachuca and is called “Palmar.” It is tiny and it is known as a really hard area. They really don’t see many baptisms here. Hopefully my new Companion and I can change that.

So, you’re not going to believe this, but my new Companion is Elder Perez. Yep! He has the same name as my last companion. Pretty funny huh?!  He is from Chiapas Mexico. I’m excited to get to know him as we plan to continue to work hard. He is still a greenie, he’s only 3 months in the mission and so I’m like his “mom” as they say in the mission. That just means that I’m helping him get a little more acquainted with the mission.

As part of getting my transfer today, I got the following letter from my Mission President:

Elder Fawcett,
Congrats on your last baptism and especially since you got to baptize him. Always a little more special. Now with your new transfer, I expect you to learn and lead your new area. You have a very good but very young companion. I will be watching you for the next 5 weeks as you lead your area and I know you will do well. Your companion is very capable so you can push him. Don’t hold back. Make the most of every day.
President Kimball

So, I don’t know what to make of that but I guess I will work my hardest and just wait and see!

Both me and my last companion were transferred out of Tulancingo as they decided to close the area back up to missionaries.  We worked pretty hard during the week but one story I want to share with you from the week there was that on Wednesday, we were our proselyting and were riding our bikes along the side of the road like we normally do.  Some cars came racing towards us and one of them had a long radio antenna on it.  As they raced by us, I suddenly felt a sting pain on my face but pretty much ignored it until we got to our destination.  After we got there, my Companion looked at me and said that I had cuts on my face.  As you will see in the pictures, the long antenna from the car must have hit me but luckily, I was being watched over because it just barely missed my eye. If you look at the pictures you will see how close it came and how it could have taken out my eyes!

I love serving the Lord in Mexico and I an excited for the new challenge of serving with a relatively new Elder.  I hope you all have a great week!

Love


Elder Fawcett



                                                                                     Ward Cultural Dance Activity


Hit by a Car Antenna!!













Blessing that it Missed My Eye!













Donkey Parked at the Gas Station!














Ward Cultural Dance Activity