Monday, May 27, 2019

Week 43 - Teaching a Mason!


Hola Everyone:

So, it has been one week in El Palmar and I am not going to lie, it has really been a lot of hard work!  So, in getting to this area, there wasn’t a really any investigators progressing and with me being the Senior Companion, I am the one that has to do all the stuff, which is not really all that bad but it is not easy!  So basically, this week I started off by going through the area book to see what has been done in the past and there really wasn’t a whole lot to start with so we just went out and we have been tracting like mad and honestly, we found some pretty good contacts.

Probably the biggest highlight of the week was that my Companion and I planned a Ward activity and we got quite a few of the less actives and some of our investigators to come. One of our investigator’s names is Sevario and he is a really cool guy.  He came to the activity and we have taught him a few lessons but he is not sure he really wants to come to church or not so we are going to continue to work with him.  Two of the other investigators we have found are named Carlos and Jessica and honestly, they are pretty interesting.  Carlos does sculptures and stuff and he is just an all-around interesting guy.  He is a Mason so that makes things sort of hard because he really knows his scriptures and doctrine.  Both of them came to church yesterday.  When we found them, we were just walking the streets and went to his house just as he got there.  He invited us in and he told us about some problems he is having with his son and he was really emotional about it.  I think we are going to see some progression there because they are already going to church but the one issue, we are going to have is that they are not married so I guess we will have to deal with that when the time comes.

So, going back to the Ward activity we planned, we worked all week and invited everyone and although we did get some of the less actives and some of our investigators to come, we invited a ton of people and there were only like 20 people that came.  So that really told me that there is a problem with this area.  The more I looked into it, there used to be like 200 people come to church every week but now the numbers are down to like 30 people attending.  I think the main problem is the fact that a little while ago they put in a new Bishop and he is like 28 years old and he has unfortunately offended a ton of people in the Ward and so they don’t want to come any more.  I am probably going to be in this area for at least 3 cycles so I am going to have to figure out a way to get people back to church and some how fix the problem that is here.

So, after seeing the problems in the Ward, I guess we are going to start visiting a lot of the less active members!  But, just like the President asked me to do, I have been working really hard and we have been getting home a little late every night because of all the visits and appointments that we have had.  My Companion is really cool and I am really pushing him hard but we really get along well.

Well I forgot to take some pictures of my new apartment so I will have to do that next week but this week I am sending 2 pictures from the Ward activity and also a video of me eating at a member’s house where the kids dared me to eat a really hot pepper!

Being here in Mexico is great and I love being here and what I am doing.

Love

Elder Fawcett




                                                                  Elder Fawcett I Dare You to Eat This!!!



Ward Activity

















With Investigators