Monday, June 24, 2019

Week 47 - I Became a Dad!!!

Hola Everyone:

Well, this past week has been sort of a long week in Palmar and honestly, I was relieved to get a phone call on Sunday morning telling me that it was my last! Palmar has really been a hard area and we spent a lot of our time running into drunks and druggies.  The druggies are always like sniffing or sucking thinner from a napkin or paper towel and they are really weird, but we are nice to them and I guess that is what is important.  So, this last week while contacting, we really didn’t have any success at all and I think that is what contributed to the fact that the President decided to close up this area to missionary work!

On Sunday when President Kimball called me, he told me that he has really been impressed with the way I have been putting in 100% into this Area and he asked me if I wanted to train a new missionary! Of course, I said yes but he also then told me that he had decided to close down Palmar and that he needed me to go and reopen another area that had been closed down because it is sort of a rough area!  So, I will still be in Pachuca but I will be opening up an area called the Tecnologico 2 Area.

Today, I went to the mission office and picked up my son, missionary language for my new Companion!  He is Elder Solorzano and is from Honduras.  I am excited about being able to train a brand new Elder and also re-opening up an area for missionary work.  I can’t wait to see what adventures this new Area has!

Love

Elder Fawcett


My Apartment in Palmar (Sorry, a little late)