Monday, July 1, 2019

Week 48 - It Is Hard Being a Dad!!!

Hola Everyone: 

This last week has really been a busy one as I was transferred into a new area and also became a “Dad” with my new Companion Elder Solorzano. I have learned that training someone is not very easy. I have to teach the rules, plan the day, etc... I have to plan everything. It certainly has made me appreciate my trainer, Elder Castro more!  We have been working pretty hard. With Elder Solorzano being a new missionary, he’s trying to adjust and figure out if this is where he really wants to be. So, it’s been difficult because it is not easy going on a mission and I think to some degree he is still trying to figure out if this is where he wants to be.  I am doing my best with him and working him hard although he really does have a hard time getting up in the mornings and I have to pull him out of bed every day for companion study! 

Also, I want to tell you a little bit about my new Area.  If you use Google Maps and look up the Pachuca Football Museum, you can get a pretty good picture of what my new Area is like!  In comparison to my last few Areas, this Area is really nice and is a lot richer! Also, the people here are a lot more receptive to the Gospel and right now we have 5 investigators that I will tell you more about next week, but we have a baptismal date for one of them of the 20th of this month. But we are working at it and working hard opening up this new area. Our Ward has about 150 active members and they are really great people. 

I also have been teaching my Companion how to ride a bike. He didn’t know how to before he got here, so it's been interesting and fun watching him and teaching him how to do it. He’s getting the hang of it slowly and this week when he got on the bike, he had a drunk man grab hold of it and was yelling for five pesos. I was a little ahead of him and so my Companion was yelling “Help” to me because he didn’t know what to do. We gave the guy five pesos and he left us alone and we went on our way! 

Today for P-Day, as a District, we went to the Pachuca Futbol Museum which is really pretty cool.  Soccer is really big here in Mexico so it was cool to see the museum.  Also this past week, President and Sister Kimball went home and it was sad to see them leave!

So that was basically my week. We are working hard and I’m doing my best to be a good trainer. I am grateful for the opportunity to train and for being a missionary.  I love it and love serving the people of Mexico. Have a great week! 

Love, 

Elder Fawcett 


Meeting My New Missionary










Proud New Dad!












Elders Fawcett and Solorzano









President and Sister Kimball
with New Missionaries and Trainers

















Pachuca Futbol Museum