Monday, July 8, 2019

Week 49 - Meeting President and Sister Maldonado

Hola Everyone,

Hot!! This week down here in good ol’ Mexico has been really hot and quite tiring to be honest. We have been working hard with just a little bit of success, but we haven’t stopped trying. We have done A LOT of contacting and tracting this week like normal, but the heat drains you pretty fast.

As far as investigators go, we have been going through our Area Book to look for investigators. My companion and I found a 15-year-old girl named Naomhi. She is getting baptized on the 20th of July, so we are super excited for that. The other investigators that we have are progressing really slow but we are continuing to work with them!

Also, this week, we had our first Zone Conference with our new Mission President and his wife. Their names are President and Sister Maldonado and they are natives of Mexico. They seem like great people and I look forward to working with them and getting to know them.  Although I have been told that "native" Mission Presidents are strict on some things like drinking Coke, so far he has not made any changes to the rules!

Training is going great and I’m doing the absolute best  that I can to be a great “DAD” to Elder Solórzano. He is getting the hang of things and we are truly working hard.

Sorry for the short letter this week. I don’t have a lot of time today because we are so busy. I love being a missionary in Mexico and serving the people here.
Have a great week!

Love,

Elder Fawcett


Zone Conference With New President!

Our Zone With President /Sister Maldonado




Me and My Companion