Monday, July 15, 2019

Week 50 - The Tree of Life

Hola Everyone:

So, this past week has been pretty normal and we have been working pretty hard with our investigators. This week we have Naomi’s baptism scheduled for Saturday at 3 in the afternoon and we are pretty excited about that! Some of the other investigators that we are working with are a Dad and his son, Sergio and Jose. Sergio and his wife just barely got married and his wife is a member already so things have gone pretty smooth with them. We put down a baptismal date of August 10 for them and they are progressing really well.

Another person we are working with is Alzaicain. He is a young guy that we met and have been teaching. He has used the internet to search about the anti-church stuff so when we teach him, he always has a bunch of random questions about things like why there are horses mentioned in the Book of Mormon and stuff like that. Honestly, it is pretty hard teaching him since I am the oldest missionary and have to basically answer all of the questions. I have found that every day I have to study like crazy to figure out how to answer all of his strange questions and although I am learning a lot, it is really hard a lot of days! We are hoping to get him over all of the anti-stuff and get him progressing but we will have to see!

As far as being a “Dad” goes, I am still working my hardest with my companion Elder Solorzano. He really has a hard time with the rules and he really hates the fact that I make him live by them every day. I am still hoping that he progresses more but honestly a lot of days it feels like I am having to drag him along while trying to do the work!

This week as a Ward, we had a really neat activity on the “Tree of Life”. We had a Christmas tree with lights on it and then decorated it with pictures of our families. We tied a rope to the tree and wound it though out the church, tying it to door handles and stuff. Then people were blind folded and held onto the rope while trying to navigate their way to the tree with distractions being all around them. It was a really cool activity and the members and investigators had a good time. Sorry I am not sending pictures of the activity today; my camera SD card got a virus so none for today!

That’s it for this week. I love being a missionary and serving the people of Mexico every day. 

Have a great week!

Love,

Elder Fawcett


Lehi's Vision of the Tree of Life