Monday, July 22, 2019

Week 51 - Filling the Font by Bucket!!!

Hola Everyone:

So, this week seems like it has been really long and hard and I have been trying to work really hard.  I say I have been trying to work hard because honestly my Companion is still trying to figure out if he really wants to be out here or not so most of the time although he is with me, I am the one doing all the work!

The best thing about this past week was that we had Naomi’s baptism on Saturday and that was really cool but was pretty stressful for me.  So, I got to the Church at 10 am on Saturday and didn’t leave until about 5 pm. I had to clean the font, get the boiler turned on and working, then I had to fill it up by buckets and after the baptism I had to empty it by bucket.  It was a lot of work but was really worth it.  Naomi was originally found by the Sister missionaries that were here.  We taught her most of the lesson’s but I invited the Sister’s back for her baptism.  In the Stake, they have EFY leaders for the youth and Naomi asked her EFY leader to baptize her which is really good since they will still be here long after we have transferred out.

As for the rest of the week, we have spent a lot of time trying to contact people and visit the inactive people in the area. We are still working with the Serio family and things are looking good for them being baptized on August 10th.  They are coming to church every week and the lessons are going well so things should be good with them!   One of the nights as we were getting home, the CO2 detector in our house went off and we couldn’t figure out what was wrong so rather than sleeping there and possibly not waking up, we called out Zone Leaders and we went over to their house to sleep for the night.  Let me tell you that the floor was great the sleep on!!!  We aired out the house and the CO2 detector has not gone off again so we are watching it and keeping the windows open. 

While we were with our Zone Leaders, a member asked us to come over to their store and get some things to eat.  They own an OXXO gas station that is really popular here in Mexico and when we got there, they gave us a ton of junk food to eat like pizza, cookies, Coke and that sort of stuff.  Needless to say, I was on a sugar high when we left there!

Well, that is about all for this week, I Love being a missionary and being here in Mexico.

Love

Elder Fawcett





Elders Fawcett and Solorzano with Naomi















Naomi's Baptism











Naomi and EFY Members








Naomi and Members













Eating at the OXXO

















Walking the Streets of Pachuca