Monday, July 29, 2019

Week 52 - It Has Been One Year!

Hola Everyone:

Well, this past week has been really good but pretty much just another normal week down here in Pachuca Mexico.  My Companion Elder Solorzano is starting to work a little harder everyday so that is taking a lot of stress off of me!  Pretty much this week we once again did a lot of contacting, setting up appointment and having a lot of them not show up.  We have taught quite a few people lessons but most of them so far have just not been that interested.

The Serio Family is still doing really well and they are coming to Church so their baptismal date for August 10th is still looking really good.  It is good to have at least some investigators that are progressing towards baptism pretty well!

As far as highlights for the week, probably the biggest 2 that I had were getting to know my new Mission President and his Wife a lot better through interview and today, having to get together again with my MTC group to go back to immigration for our new Visas.  
President and Sister Maldonado are definitely different from my previous President!  They are really new and are still learning the ropes but I can already tell that having a native President is going to be different.  Although I think that our house is really pretty nice, when they visited use, they were worried that it was in sort of a bad neighborhood and would like us to get something better!  Unfortunately, they don’t realize that this is the better part of the city but I guess they will learn!  As for my first interview, it went pretty well and we talked a lot about my family back home.

So, the second highlight was the fact that today I got to get together with my MTC group and go back to immigration and renew our yearly VISA.  Not only was it great to see all of them, it is officially my one-year mark on the mission this week!

As for my pictures this week, I wanted to show you some of the outskirt parts of my area!  Also, I have not told you before but the Zone Leader share our Ward so we do a lot of splits with them.  One day, the sisters gave us some stuff to try on our faces to clean them up a bit!!

Anyway, I hope all is going great at home for everyone, I love being a missionary and serving the people of Mexico.

Love 

Elder Fawcett


Outskirts of Our Area


Elders Fawcett and Solorzano Tracting













Streets of Our Area












Cleaning Mask!!











Some of My MTC Group












Elder Fawcett with the AP's














Elder Fawcett and Sister Fagatoa