Monday, August 5, 2019

Week 53 - Hump Day!!!

Hola Everyone!

So, this week was pretty good and we worked pretty hard.  Probably just like back at home, it is pretty hot here in Mexico!  This week once again, we did a lot of contacting, met a lot of people and had quite a few discussions. The problem continues to be to find people who are really interested in the Gospel and want to know more than just one discussion.

So probably the highlight of this past week was that it was my Hump Day in the mission.  Really hard to believe that I have actually been away from home for 1 whole year!  As is tradition, I got to burn one of my shirts.  Everyone in my District has been really busy this week so one night this past week me and my kid, Elder Solorzano, celebrated my 1-year anniversary.

So, my Companion and I are starting to work pretty good together but one of the other missionaries in our Ward has been having problems with his knee so that has also been sort of a problem for us.  Elder Warren has been having knee problems which I can sort of relate to from my past and the President wants him to take it easy so we have been doing splits with his Companion so that they can keep their investigators progressing.  It is nice to help but it takes time away from our own work!

As for our investigators, the Sergio family is still doing great and they are scheduled for baptism this Saturday and hopefully there will not be any problems and that will happen.  In addition to them, we have started teaching a Women named Erika who is the wife of one of our members and their daughter.  They really seem to like the church and the lessons are going really well with them so hopefully we will be able to put a date on them soon!

Well, that is pretty much all that happened of interest this week, today we had a BBQ as a District since next week is the end of the cycle.  The Sisters keep wanting us to use the black mask stuff on our faces to clean them up so that is what is on my face in the pictures today.  

I hope everyone has a great week!

Love 

Elder Fawcett  





                                                                              Elder Fawcett's Hump Day



12 Months in the Mission Field













Serving the People of Pachuca













One Year Down












BBQ Today as a District












Elders in my District















One of the Sisters











Getting Ready for the Week













Setting Up Appointments
Nice Face Mask!