Monday, August 12, 2019

Week 54 - A Really Hard Week!

Hola Everyone:

So honestly, this week wasn’t the best! We were supposed to have a baptism for the Sergio Family, but there were some problems that I won’t go into. So, the date had to be moved to next week. The family was really sad and I was also! They had really been looking forward to the day, but Satan is always there putting obstacles in people’s way so they will have to wait another week.

As for other investigators, we have been working really hard finding people to teach.  We had another lesson with Erika and her daughter and we taught them about the Plan of Salvation.  Erika got really sad during the lesson as I was explaining about spirit prison.  She told us about how her Dad wasn’t a member of the church so she was sad, but then I explained to her about the work that we do in the Temples and what we can do for those who have died without hearing about the Gospel in this life.  She got really happy for that.  The lessons are going really well with them and they should be getting baptized in the next few weeks.

So, I have only been with my kid for 7 weeks, but last night I learned that I was getting transferred today.  Honestly, it was quite a shock since I have only been here for one cycle but the President indicated that he needed me to go and open up another new area.  Honestly, with the success that we are having in this area, that is really hard for me. I have opened up many areas while I’ve been on my mission and I guess I’m pretty good at it and so that’s why they keep having me do it.  

My new area is the City of Actopan which is about 1 hour north of Pachuca.  My new companion is Elder Maquin. He is from Guatemala, speaks Mayan and is just coming to the Area today also. He has been out less than a year and as the senior companion, the President wants me to help him out. I am looking forward to getting to know him and my new area.  I don’t know much about the area yet but it seems to be more of a farming area and the Bishop met us at the Bus Stop as we got here to take us to our house so I guess that is a good sign!

Well, being pulled out of an area after getting it finally established has really been hard on me today, on top of that, I saw my trainer, Elder Castro, at the Bus Stop in Pachuca as I was leaving. He is done with his mission and is headed home tomorrow.  So, all of that has me a little down today but I am hoping that things are only going to get better from here!

I love being a missionary and growing through hard experiences!

Love 

Elder Fawcett 


Members Helped Me with a Coin Collection













Sort of Like the Quarters Back Home













Goodbye Elder Castro!!!