Monday, August 19, 2019

Week 55 - Stolen Bike!!!

Hola Everyone:  

So, this week has been pretty good!  After first getting here last Monday, the Bishop took us to our apartment and helped us to get moved in a little bit and then he had a meeting with my Companion and I.  He told us that he had assigned members of the Ward to go out with us everyday so that we could get to know the area a little quicker and so we could meet some of the less actives.  Honestly, that has been going pretty well and we have met a few “magic investigators” that way.  A magic investigator is being a person that is not a member of the Church, but is a member of a family that is a less active family.  We have had pretty good luck so far in meeting with less active members and getting them interested in the church again.

In talking to the Bishop, he really wants us to work on reactivating people of the church more than anything in getting this area going again!  There are a lot of inactive members so that is probably what we are going to be spending a lot of our time doing with the Bishop and other active members.

So, something that happened that wasn’t so cool this week was that we were at the Church on Friday studying and as usual, we left our bikes outside which is normally not a big deal since there is a fence around the Church.  When we went out to leave, we found that one of the bikes had been stolen so that means we have to walk until we can find the other bike which we are pretty sure we will find sometime!

Probably the coolest thing from this week was that my Mission President gave my comp and I permission to go back to my old area on Saturday for the baptism of Sergio and Jose!  In the pictures, Sergio is the Father, but it was really cool to get to go back and baptize him after working with him for so long!

 I mentioned last week that my new city of Actopan is a little smaller and we are assigned to work the outskirts of it for the most part which is pretty cool and different from my past areas.  I told you that my new Companion is Elder Maquin from Guatemala, but I don’t remember if I told you that he speaks Mayan! I actually speak better Spanish than him, but I am also picking up some of the Mayan language from him!  Today I spent the day with the AP’s because my Comp had to go to Immigration so that was pretty fun!

I hope everyone has a great week; I love being here in Mexico!

Love 

Elder Fawcett



City of Actopan!
















Cool Catholic Church We Will Visit Later
















Gotta Love Nacho Libre Corn!















Covered in Mayo and Chili Powder















Elders Solorzano and Fawcett at Serio and Jose's  Baptism






Some of the Family












Sergio's Family



Sergio and Elder Fawcett













Our Area
















This Area is a Little Greener!
















Lot more Open!












Member's Dog at Lunch