Monday, August 26, 2019

Week 56 - Finding Lost Sheep

Hola Everyone: 

This past week was really pretty good.  As I mentioned when I got here, the Bishop has asked that we really focus our time and attention on finding members in this area that have gone inactive.  To let you know how bad it is, there are over 800 people on the records as being members of the Ward and less than 200 are coming every week since I have been here.  I guess it makes a lot of sense, work on finding the Lost Sheep rather than finding new ones to bring into the fold!

Last week while contacting, we did find one new investigator that we are teaching now, his name is Paulo and honestly, he has a lot of questions.  We taught him the 1st lesson this past week and it took quite a long time to get through the lesson which is alright! He is doing really good, so we will have to see how that goes with him. We have another lesson schedule with him this week. I hope he will really start to progress!

Also, this week while we were out with the Ward members finding the less actives in the area, we found a family that had just stopped going to Church, but wanted to come back.  They have 2 young girls named Erika and Leathi, ages 10 and 11 who are not Baptized, but would like to be so we are working with them and have a date set up with them for Sept 8th.  We are also hoping that we can get their Dad ready since he already holds the Priesthood, so that he can perform the baptism for his girls.

Other then that, it has really just been a normal week.  This area is really pretty and it is nice to sort of be out of the city for a change!  So, something that also happened this past week.  I was playing with some members and twisted and felt a sharp pain in my knee!  No, not the one I had 2 surgeries on, the other one.  Well, it really didn’t swell up like I thought it would, but it still hurts a little so I guess I will have to take it a little easy to let it heal up.

I love being here in Mexico, the people are great!  I hope everyone has a great week.

Love


Elder Fawcett



Pachuca Soccer Jersey














District Class











Street Market














Catholic Church in Town













The Bulls!!















Around Town




Mountains


















Houses are Spaced Out