Tuesday, September 24, 2019

Week 60 - Sheep Tacos and Son #2!

Hola Everyone:

Sorry for not getting my letter out yesterday, I was at the Mission Office all day and didn’t have a chance to write so I am having to send this out Tuesday morning but I will explain a little more about that in a minute.

So, this past week was the last week of the changes and it went by really fast and was a really good week. On Tuesday, we had interviews with President Maldonado and my interview went really well and he is pleased with the work that I am doing. This is a pretty hard area to find new people to teach, but by working with the members, we are starting to have some success. Finding new people to teach on the streets is still going pretty slow, but the investigators that we have received as referrals are really progressing!

We had a great discussion with Demetrio this past week and he is ready to be baptized so we set a date for him actually this Saturday the 28th! He is really excited to become a member of the Church and so we will be working really hard with him this week to finish up the discussions and get him ready for his baptism. Nancy and her daughter are also continuing to progress really well and we are also working hard with them to get them ready for their baptismal date here in a few weeks.

So, with it being the end of the change, I actually got a surprising phone call on Sunday morning! President Maldonado asked me to once again train a new missionary straight out of the MTC. That means I will be staying here in Actopan for a while which I am really happy about! Sunday night, the Tony Family in our Ward had a little party for the missionaries and in particular for Elder Buttar’s who is leaving. We had some sheep tacos and cake which were really good!

So yesterday, I went to Pachuca in the morning and spent the entire day in various meetings with my new Companion. His name is Elder George from San Diego California. Yep, I got a Gringo straight out of the Mexico MTC. He is a great Elder and wants to work hard so we should really work well together. I don’t have any pictures of him but will get them for next week.

Well, I hope everyone has a great week!

Love

Elder Fawcett


Member's Daughter Painting My Nails














Sheep Tacos













Party with the Tony Family















Elder Buttars Leaving!













Elder Spangler liked the Cake!











Bishop Garcia and Wife With Elders Maquin and Fawcett