Monday, October 28, 2019

Week 65 - Meth and Crickets!!!

Hola Everyone:

Well, this week has been pretty slow for contacting people so we have spent a lot of time visiting people that we have contacted in the past but have not heard from for a while!  I honestly have to say that it didn’t go all that well either because we were unable to get any of them to advance much!  So, basically, this has really just been a very slow week!

But I do have a few stories to tell you about this week.  One of the people that we visited with offered us something to eat while we were over at his house.  As it turns out, it was a plate of crickets that are pretty much all over here in Mexico.  I guess they just catch them and kill them and then put salsa on them.  They actually were not that bad; they sort of tasted like chicken!

At another investigators house, the guy we were teaching told us that after talking to us, he wanted to start changing his life so he went over to a table and picked up a card off the table and handed it to me.  He then told us that he had been doing Meth and wanted to stop and told us to take it out of his house.  Needless to say, we left really fast but got rid of the card just about as fast as we left the house!

So last P-day, we went for a hike on the outskirts of town and I took some pictures.  We ran across a pretty cool shrine and it was really great to just get out and hike around for a while!

Well pretty short letter today but it has been one of those weeks!  I love being a missionary here in Mexico despite some of the hard times that we go through.  I know that Serving the Lord is what I am supposed to be doing right now in my life and the experiences I have will help me the rest of my life!

Love

Elder Fawcett

Side View of Dinner











Front View







Whole Plate of Them!














I Tried Not to Chew Too Much!













Country Side


Nice Hike










Shrine








Another Shrine














Pretty Cool Wall