Monday, November 11, 2019

Week 67 - Helping Make Barbacoa

Hola Everyone:

Well, this week has gone by pretty fast although nothing really that exciting happened.  My Comp and I have decided that we have done a lot of contacting here in Actopan without having a whole ton of success, so this week I decided that we were going to try something a little different.  Around Actopan, there are a few Pueblos that we have to travel a little bit to, but they are still part of our area. 

I wish I would have taken my camera but there are a ton of trees in the Pueblos that we visited and it sort of felt like we were going out into the woods.  Anyway, we talked to a lot of people but no one had much interest in the church, but at least it was something different.

On Sunday, we did have an investigator come to church which was really good, her name is Patricia and she was a referral from the Relief Society President.  We have taught her a few times and it was really good to see her come out to church.  She brought her family with her so we will have to see if we can also teach some of them this week!

Probably the biggest thing of the week was helping out one of the members of our Ward.  For a living, he is a butcher and buys animals that he brings in, kills, cuts up and then sells.  This past week he had a whole truck load of sheep come in and asked us if we could help him out for little while.  For those of you that know me, I loved studying anatomy in school and still remember going to the cadaver lab at the U of U for scouts.  Anyway, I thought it was really cool to help out the member.  Here in Mexico, they do things a little different and we found that most of the sheep were pregnant which was weird.  The whole experience though, helped me gain an appreciation for things in life.  Here in Mexico, they use every part of the sheep for something, from the blood to eating most all of the internal organs.  One of my jobs was cleaning up the stomachs which was pretty gross!  The best part of the day was that after we were done, we made some barbacoa which is pretty good!

Well, I though that Elder Soares was coming this past week but he will be here on Wednesday so we are really looking forward to seeing him!  I hope everyone has a great week, I love being here in Mexico and for the experiences that I am having.

Love


Elder Fawcett


Member Bought These Sheep











They Don't Waste Anything









Got Them Ready for Processing













Cleaning Up the Insides!