Monday, November 25, 2019

Week 69 - Burying the Dead!!!

Hola Everyone:

So once again, this past week has really gone by fast and my time in the mission field seems to really be picking up speed.  So, this past week has really pretty much been just a normal week without anything all that abnormal happening!

Honestly as far as investigators go, things are really just pretty slow right now and we can’t get anyone to advance all that much.  We are contacting a lot of people and teaching a lot, but no one is coming to Church on Sunday’s so we can’t advance them till they do!  I have about 3 weeks of this change cycle and I will probably be leaving so I am working really hard so that I can leave my “kid” some really good people to work with while I am gone.

So, one thing that was interesting this past week was that we were asked to help out with a funeral for a less active member.  They asked us to initially help out with the dedication of the grave which we did, but then after the funeral, they asked us to fill in the grave for them!  So that is something different here in Mexico I have found, when people die, the family is responsible for digging the hole, putting the coffin in the hole and then filling it in afterwards.  Luckily some other people took care of digging the hole, but my Comp and I filled it in with shovels afterwards making sure it was compacted as we went.  Needless to say, we were pretty tired after shoveling all of that dirt!

Also, this past week, we had Zone Conference which was pretty good but afterwards, we all got our flu shots which I hated since many of you know how I feel about getting shots!

Anyway, I hope you all have a great week.

Love 

Elder Fawcett


Mexican Cemetery!