Monday, December 2, 2019

Week 70 - Bashing in the Park!

Hola Everyone:

Well this past week has been really HOT here in Actopan!  Pretty weird that at home it is cold and snowy and here it is still hot!  This past week, we have been working like crazy trying to contact new people in all sorts of different ways.  Sadly, the contacting in this area is not that great and honestly it seems like it doesn’t matter how much we work, we are still having a hard time.  We have made a lot of cita’s but most of them just seem to fall through.

So, something sort of interesting that happened this past week, Elder Bodegas and I were together with our comps and were just walking around the centro in the park when some people just came over and started to talk to us. They were telling us all about the Bible and how we were wrong because we believed in the Book of Mormon and of course they just started to throw out scripture versus from the Bible and stuff. Elder Bodegas and I did all the talking because our Comps are young and couldn’t understand everything.  I really don’t like bashing with people like that because it sort of pushes away the spirit but I showed them some quotes from the Bible and then read to them 2 Nefi 28 and they didn’t have any comeback so they just left!

As for our investigators, they are not really progressing because they will not come to Church so it honestly is just really a slow time for us right now!

Today, we traveled to Tepa for a multi zone activity with the President.  We BBQed Carne Asada and played soccer for a few hours.  I’ll send pictures next week since I forgot my camera today, but it was a really fun activity. I was grateful for my new knee brace that worked really well and I didn’t have any problems with it at all.

Well, I hope everyone has a great cold week, I honestly wish I had some of that cold air here!

Love 

Elder Fawcett


Carne Asada