Monday, December 16, 2019

Week 72 - Back to Pachuca

Hola Everyone:

Well, this past week has really been a long one you could say! We worked really hard and got a lot of things done, but it sure seemed like a long week! So, to start off today, I am no longer in Actopan. After being with my Kid for 2 cycles, it was time for me to go! I have been moved to an Area called Real De Minas in Pachuca. Yep, I am back in the city of Pachuca again, but in a different Area that has been closed down for a while! It seems like my whole mission; I have been either opening or reopening areas and this one is no exception. This area has a Ward, but has not had any missionaries in it for a while so we are starting with nothing once again. My new Comp is Elder Sime from California, but his parents are from Tonga so that is going to be really cool. He has been out in the field for almost a year now! Pretty weird now that I am one of the old guys in the mission!

So just like always, I left an area right as it was starting to pick up again! So, Diana who I talked about last week, came to church again and we taught her a few more lesson and she is progressing really well. She is reading the Book of Mormon and is asking a lot of good questions. She is still committed to being baptized on the 28th of December so I hope the President will let me attend that! This past week, we also had another investigator come to church, his name is David. We also taught him a few lessons and his second lesson went for over 2 hours because he had so many good questions to ask. He will also be getting baptized in the next few weeks.

When I learned that I was being changed, I spent yesterday telling my investigators and Ward member’s good bye that that was pretty hard because I have made quite a few friends here in Actopan. But I guess that is the life of a missionary.

Well, I guess I have to figure out this new area so that is about it for today. I wish everyone the best with Christmas next week! I love spending this time of year with the people of Mexico!

Love

Elder Fawcett


Elder Fawcett and Elder Sime