Monday, December 23, 2019

Week 73 - Adios Sister Fagatoa

Hola Everyone and Feliz Navidad!

So, this week here in my new area has honestly been pretty hard.  We are opening this area back up again so we are doing a lot of contacting and trying to get to know the area more than anything.  It is a good area I think, but honestly the coolest thing about it for me is that we are located in the colored house.  I will get a picture of the hillside for next week to show you what I mean!

In opening up this area, we have been going through a lot of the old contact books from the past and have been following up on people that we have felt like we needed to contact again.  So far, we have found that most of them are away on vacation for the holiday so we have not had much luck yet, but we will keep trying to get in touch with them.  This is like the 5th time that both the Mission Presidents I have had, have asked me to either open up a new area or reopen an old one. So, I guess I am getting pretty good at it by now!

This past week, we had our Mission Christmas Party.  At the party, we had a devotional from the President that was really good and then we ate some tacos that were really pretty good.  After eating, we all performed skits that each of the zones had prepared which was really fun.  After the skits, we went outside and did some pinatas. They let the Sister missionaries and the younger missionaries break them this year since I broke one of them last year with the first swing!  So before leaving, they passed out gifts for all of us that the Stakes in the area had made for us and they also gave us each a new pair of socks.

The party was really fun, but the worst part was saying goodbye to Sister Fagatoa who will be going home in 2 weeks.  She was in my MTC group and has been a great friend throughout the mission.  Pretty weird to see her go home!

Anyway, I hope everyone has a great Christmas this year!!!

Love,

Elder Fawcett


Elder Simi and Elder Fawcett








Stairs to Home





Top of the City












Me and My Comp!


City by Day








My Comp, Elder Simi







My New Area At Night!

Our Christmas Dinner










My Comp and other Polynesians









Christmas Skits











Mission Bag


Saying Goodbye to Sister Fagatoa












My District in Actopan








City Center of Actopan












Christmas Tree in Actopan