Monday, December 30, 2019

Week 74 - Mural Palmitas

Hola Everyone and Feliz Año Nuevo:

This week has been pretty good and we have been working really hard but honestly, this area is a little dead right now.  We have been doing a lot on contacting but it is hard due to the time of year!  No one wants to be bothered by us and so we are doing our best to stay positive and keep working hard.  We don’t really have any contacts that are really progressing so that is a little hard!  

This past week, we got locked out of our house on the 24th, Christmas Eve.  We went and found a member of the Ward that has an apartment right next to ours and had them cut off the lock so we could get in.  It turned out to be a good thing for us because they invited us over for dinner that night and then had us over again on Christmas day for dinner again.

Aside from getting to go to dinner with our neighbor on Christmas, that day was pretty much just a normal working day for us!  We were able to call home for a bit but then we just went back to work.  Our Mission President is pretty strict and didn’t allow for any Zone Gift exchange parties like we had last year!  That was pretty hard but I guess it was alright.

So, a little bit about my new area, as I told you last week if you look for the painted housed in Pachuca, those hills are my area!  It is pretty cool but we do an awful lot of walking up and down the hills all day which I am really happy about since I am entering into my “sexy six” and all of the hill climbing is going to help me get back in shape!   This area is once again for me a pretty rough area to be in.  There tends to be a lot of bad things that happen here so the Sister Missionaries that have been put in here to help us have to be in their house by 8:00 every night and we have been told to watch out for ourselves pretty close!

I hope everyone has a great week!

Love

Elder Fawcett


Mural Palmitas











Hills I Walk All Day!!