Monday, January 6, 2020

Week 75 - Día de Los Reyes

Hola Everyone:

So this week has been pretty much just another normal week without anything too interesting happening.  It has been a little cold here, so I have been wearing my coat a little. But honestly not too bad.  Teaching here is honestly really hard because the people just seem to be too busy with work to have time to stop and listen to our message.  We have been really working hard trying to find people to teach but unfortunately, we just don’t really have anyone yet that is starting to progress.

On New Year’s, we were invited over to the Natalia Families home for dinner.  They are a less active family in the Ward but we had a great time visiting with them and had some pretty good pizza.  As for the rest of New Years, there was nothing really too exciting to report. There were a few parties around the city on New Year’s Eve, but we steered clear of all of those! 

For the rest of the week, things honestly were just pretty normal as we went around trying to contact people to teach.  I guess the one interesting thing to report was that I somehow got pink eye in both eyes. So I had to go to the hospital to get a prescription to try and clean it up.  I look pretty funny with swollen pink eyes though!

Yesterday we were invited over to the Olmos Families home for dinner to celebrate Día de Los Reyes (Day of the Kings) which is technically today.  It was really fun to be with their family and they gave us pan la rosca de reyes which is the bread that they eat which has the baby Jesus in it.  I have a picture of the bread in this week’s pictures.

Well, that is about all for this week, I am really loving the time I have to serve as a missionary here in Mexico!  I can’t believe how fast the time is going!

Love 

Elder Fawcett
Cristo Rey in Pachuca


Dinner with the Olmos Family













Pan La Rosca de Reyes 








Top of My Area Looking Down
















Our Desks!