Monday, March 16, 2020

Week 85 - Times Are Changing

Hola Everyone:

Well this week has really been a bit long, but we have been doing our best to keep busy and do the best that we can.  We have been trying to do a lot of contacting since I was not in the Area for the past 2 weeks.  Honestly, it sort of feels like I am starting the Area over again and we have just started contacting each of the houses in the Area.  We have found a few people that we have started to teach, but not really anyone that has advanced that far to mention.  As you can probably tell by my picture for the week with my Companion, we got a little sunburned but I guess it is all good!

We had another lesson with Marcela and Abby this past week. They are still doing really well and progressing towards their baptism in the next few weeks.  We taught them a lesson on Commandments and as I said, it went really well.

As for other stuff going on this past week, just like at home, the Coronavirus is sort of getting to be a big thing down here. Honestly with the Church closed to members, it is kind of hard to teach people when we cannot take them to Sacrament meetings on Sunday.  We have not been getting a lot of information on how things are going to change for us because of the virus, but I have a leadership meeting with the President tomorrow so hopefully I will learn a little more about what is going on.  Regardless of what happens, we are working our hardest at trying to find people to teach and serve.  Compared to the first of my mission, I can sure tell that the world has changed!

I hope everyone at home stays healthy and safe.  I love serving the people of Mexico!

Love


Elder Fawcett


Sunburned Elder Mansilla and Fawcett