Monday, March 9, 2020

Week 84 - Back With a Native!

Hola Everyone:

Well, this past week has really gone by fast!  We did a lot of work in the Loreto Area so my Area was sort of ignored during the week.  But it was really a good week!  As I told you last week, we had an appointment with the Mission President and the Bishop of the Loreto Ward.  The Bishop wanted to expand the missionary effort in the Area and wanted more missionaries assigned here.  After the meeting, President Maldonado agreed that it would be a good thing to put more missionaries in there so that will be happening with the changes today.

So, speaking of Changes, I got my new companion assigned to me today. His name is Elder Mansilla from Chile.  I will get a picture of him for next week.  He has been out for about a year and honestly I am excited to be with a native again.  I have really been working hard on making my Spanish perfect before I get home and it honestly is a little harder when you comp is from the States!  I have noticed that you lose a little bit of your Spanish when you are with another Gringo!

Well, I indicated that we didn’t do a lot of contacting in my area this past week, but we were able to teach Maricela and Abby leccion 3.  They are really doing great and we were supposed to have their baptism this past week, but they want to have some of their family members there so we moved the date back to Abril 11 to accommodate that.  We have other people in the area that we are teaching, but no one that has advanced very far. So, I will tell you about them when they start progressing.

Well, I am really looking forward to this next cycle with my new Companion.  I am hoping that things will really start going great!  Although I have avoided it up to this point, my Mission President asked me if I would be the District Leader in the Area so that I can help get the new missionaries established in the new Area for the Loreto Ward.  It is in the Mining District so that should be pretty cool and I look forward to helping them get that Area going.

Well, I hope everyone stays healthy and has a great week.

Love

Elder Fawcett


Elders Fawcett and Stacey with Loreto Ward Member











Elder Fawcett and Loreto Ward Member



Pacuca City Sign













Each Letter is Hand Painted













.











.


.








 
.


.













.