Monday, March 2, 2020

Week 83 - Christo Rey

Hola Everyone:

Well, this week have gone by pretty fast and has been really good!  The Area I am splitting my time up with is called Loreto and it has a lot of mountains and hills in it. So, we have been doing a lot of climbing up and down this week. It has been pretty tiring! The two Elders I am in a threesome with are Elders Aquirre from Honduras and Stacy from Utah. They like to work hard so we are getting along great and having a fun time together!

So, next week is changes and I will finally be getting my own companion, but it is sort of up in the air where I will be assigned!  The Bishop here in the Loreto Ward wants to have a 2nd set of missionaries assigned here so who knows if I will go back to my old area or end up staying here!  We have a meeting to talk to the Mission President about it tomorrow so maybe I will get some sort of idea but who knows.

As far as my Area goes, I had another baptism this past Saturday of Daniela.  It went over really well and as always; the spirit was really strong and the whole experience sort of made my entire week.  Maricela and Abbey are still progressing really well and they are still set to have their baptisms on the 14 of March which is 2 weeks.  As for new people to teach in my Area, we honestly have not had much time to find anybody since we have been spending a lot of time bouncing back and forth between the 2 areas.

So, I know everyone has been hearing about the Coronavirus back home, well we have been hearing a lot about it here as well. People in our Area are starting to sort of freak out about it because there have been confirmed cases in my mission and Area.  We have been told to watch out for ourselves, but we will have to see what happens with all of that.

So today for P-day, we actually got permission to go out and do something!  We went to the Christo Rey which is in our area and it was a great hike and it was a pretty good day to get out for a while.  The Statue is really big and it was really cool to go there today and no one else was there except for us.

Well, I hope everyone has a great week and stays healthy and safe!

Love

Elder Fawcett



Elder Fawcett and Daniella













Daniella and Ward Members


Hills we Hike









Elders Fawcett, Stacy and Aquirre











Lesson Elder Aquirre and I Taught















Slimming Down













Heading Up















Hike Begins










Cristus Rex















Almost There











I Represent the Savior!





Size Comparison

City From Cristo Rey