Monday, October 1, 2018

Week 9 - I Had a Mice Week!!!

Hola Everyone,

So, this week went by pretty fast. I will do my best to remember everything that happened.  First thing last Monday, we went to Pachuca to President Kimball’s house. Once we got there, our whole Zone started to play whiffle ball. President Kimball was the pitcher and he got beaned a few times and got some pretty big bruises too. After playing, Hermana Kimball made us some hotdogs. They were very good and I ate like three. After that we went back to Tecamac to get back to work. 

This past week, we didn’t have any success in contacting. We contact at least 15 people a day and we leave our numbers on a pass along card, but no one ever calls us back. But don’t think we aren’t having success. We get a lot of referrals from members, so we try to focus on those referrals.

One of the great experiences that I had this week was with one of the referrals. We were at a member’s house and we had just got done eating. That’s when an older woman named Tonita walked in and sat down. She asked us who we were, so we introduced ourselves. We started talking with her and getting to know her. Then she started to cry. She told us about how her mom passed away about 2 months ago. Today, we are going to teach her about the Plan of Salvation. So, stay tuned…

Another pretty interesting experience that happened was when we were yet again at a member’s house. While we were eating, this door kept banging and banging. The family didn’t acknowledge it until after we were done eating. The mom would look at the door and then us. She told us that there is a bad spirit in their house and how when she would check on her daughter at night, she would be floating.  She then told us that whenever she would try to call us, the phone wouldn’t work. It would work for her to call other people, but not if she tried to call us. So, we all kneeled down and Elder Castro raised his hand and he prayed to cast the spirit out. After the prayer, the door stopped banging. I can testify that the Priesthood is the Power of God and it is the power to do anything.

This week we had interviews with President Kimball. He is a very spiritual man. I went in and told him a few things I was having a hard time with. He then asked me to read a few scriptures. After that he explained that he knows that the Lord has called me to be serving in the City of Tecamac at this time. That really hit me. I have been wondering why I am serving in this little town that no one has heard of. I haven’t found the exact reason yet, but I am however very sure that there is a reason I am here in Tecamac. The Lord needs me here.

I will now explain the title of this letter. We were in our kitchen one night and heard a noise. We then saw a mouse run from our kitchen to the outside by going out the bottom of the door. So, we went to the store and bought some traps. We have caught about 5 this week. So yeah. Our kitchen is full of tons of poop and no food. But hey, it’s all good.

Also, on Saturday we celebrated Elder Castro’s one year in the mission. We had some Little Caesar’s Pizza at the church with Elder Williams and Elder Bolanos. We ate a ton and Elder Castro burned a shirt. Also, my favorite food here are Conchas. They are like bread with sugar on top. They are the best!

In closing, I just want to say that I know the Lord is watching out for me. He is keeping me safe and is helping me with my Spanish.  I’m still not understanding a lot, but it is coming a little at a time. I love visiting the members. Sometimes I forget that I am an Elder and that people look up to me. It’s kind of weird, but very humbling. I feel that I am not strong enough yet with my Spanish to help the members and the investigators much but, through the Lord weak things can be made strong. I love being a missionary! And I love you all!

Elder Fawcett 

Interviews with President













P-Day at President's House











President Kimball Took a Few Hits













Our Zone


























Elder Castro’s One Year Shirt Burning












Mexican Conchas

Tie From My Trainer











We Gave Each Other a Tie











2 Friends We Caught








Another One But I Don't Think it is a Mouse!