Monday, January 28, 2019

Week 26 - End of Iron Man 212

Hola Everyone:

Well, this past week has been one heck of a week and we have really been working hard!  Opening up an Area is really hard and we have spent most of our time out on the streets contacting people.  So far, we have not gotten a lot of solid contacts that way but thankfully we have the member contacts, Teresa and Jorge that I told you about last week and they are progressing really well.  They came to church again this week and we have taught them Lesson Two and they are still committed to being baptized here really soon. 

On Sunday, we also had a guy just show up to church and he told us that he has been attending the Providence Ward which is next to ours, but he really doesn’t feel welcome in the Ward. So, he wants to start coming to our Ward and have Elder Bodegas and I teach him the Gospel.  We have to get that ok’d with President Kimball, but we are thinking that will probably go pretty good.

So, on Wednesday, on the way to District Meeting, I started to feel sick.  Now I am not just talking about a little sick, I felt like I was dying inside.  My head was throbbing and I felt like I was burning up while the rest of my body was freezing.  I ached all over, especially in my back.  Everyone in my District could see that I didn’t feel very good so they called Sister Kimball and she told them to take me home to get some sleep. When I got home, I took a bunch of Ibuprofen because honestly, I have never felt so sick in all my life!   I ended up staying home for most of the day, but later on Wednesday night, I started feeling a tiny bit better and we had two appointments set up so we went out and taught both of those lessons.  After the lessons were over, I again started to feel super bad so Elder Bodegas said we needed to go to the Bishop’s house.  The Bishop and his wife made me some lemon/honey tea stuff and then another some sort of drink along with 800 milligrams of Ibuprofen and some sort of vapor rub and sent us home.

Luckily Thursday I woke up and felt a lot better because we had our Zone Conference.  Sister Kimball talked to me and was really glad that I was feeling better because based on the symptoms I had, she couldn’t figure out what I had but thought that maybe it was some sort of really bad food poisoning.  Anyway, Zone Conference was really cool and we got these medals because as a Mission we succeeded in the Iron Man 212.  Basically, that was a goal of our mission getting 212 baptisms in a 3-month period and we actually got 219.  President and Sister Kimball are really big into Iron Man completions so they had us all line up and called each of our names and said where we were from as we ran down the middle.  At the end of the line they gave each of us a medal.  Everyone got a white one but some of us also got a blue one for getting the goal of 3 or more baptism per companionship and Elder Castro and I had 4. 

Overall, Zone Conference was really cool! We also set up a new goal for the mission for bring people to Christ, the President call our new goal, the Battle for the Army of Helaman.  It is different from the Iron Man 212 because I just doesn’t focus on baptisms, but also focuses on getting people back to church, ordained to the Priesthood and a bunch of other things.  It is really cool and we will be working on that for the next few months.  The real highlight of Zone Conference was that we found out that on February 13th, Elder Quentin R. Cook from the 12 Apostles will be coming and visiting just with the missionaries in our mission. Everyone will get to shake his hand and I am hoping to get a picture with him as well!

Thursday night after dinner, I started feeling super sick again.  Friday morning and Saturday, I felt pretty awful the entire time, but I just battled through it and kept working the best I could.  Sunday morning it was pretty much gone and so I hope that I am finally over whatever it was that I had, but I guess that is just life as a missionary!

I hope everyone at home has a great week, I really love it here in Mexico!

Love

Elder Fawcett

Smoke Filled Pachuca












Fires Around Pachuca












Contacting with Elder Bodegas














Streets We Contact On










Zone Meeting
















Happy B-Day Elder Fawcett This Month
















Iron Man Medal Ceremony















Metal Presentation








MTC District














My Medals




District P-Day Bowling
















President and Sister Kimball