Monday, February 4, 2019

Week 27 - Losing Weight!

Hola Everyone:

This week has gone by pretty fast and everything has actually been going pretty well!  So last Monday we went bowling as I told you, but I left out the fact that we also went to Carl’s Jr. for lunch which was pretty good for a change! I am kind of on the outskirts of Pachuca which is a pretty big city with a lot of nice modern places, but its one of the only things we have in my area since we are not really in the city.  

So, for an update to our investigator situation, Teresa and Jorge are doing really well and we have taught them a lot.  We took them to a Stake Cantata (musical program) and Teresa cried a lot and told us she really enjoys our Church and overall it was really good.  They have now come to Church 3 times so they meet the requirements for baptism which we have set up for this Saturday at 11:00 in the morning.  I am really stoked about that.  After their baptism in the morning, some members are going down to the Temple and have asked them to go with them for a visit there. So that is really cool to baptize them in the morning and then have a member take them to the temple in the afternoon! 

As for other investigators, as I have mentioned in the past, we are teaching a ton of people, but we can’t officially count them as investigators until they come to Church and for a lot of reasons, that seems to be really hard for people to do!  We are also starting to work a lot with part member families in the Ward and Elder Bodegas and I are really hoping that we get to stay together for another cycle because this Area really seems to be taking off and has a lot of potential!

So, to answer people’s questions, yea I wash my clothes in a bucket every week and actually it really is not that big of a deal.  I hang my clothes out to dry and they seem to be getting a little hard and crusty so I think I need to start using some fabric softener. But yeah, that is basically the way we wash clothes down here.  The cement sinks have washboards molded into them so we use that to scrub our clothes with.

On Tuesday, we had interviews with the President and he is really happy with our progress here, but I took the opportunity to tell him how bad our bikes are!  The back tire of mine is not all the way round and my Companion has other problems with his tires.  The shocks on both bikes are really pretty bad which you wouldn’t think would matter, but the roads down here in Mexico are not exactly smooth. So, after riding on them with no shocks for an entire day, you get pretty sore.  Anyways, President told us where to take them to get them fixed up rather than getting new ones, so we are happy about that.

Although you might not be able to tell in the pictures, I am losing weight down here!  Mexican food is really pretty good, but I don’t think that it has as many calories in it that I used to eat. So I am losing weight.  The closest store to our apartment is a 30-minute walk away, so we really have to plan our food for the week. Although the members feed us lunch every day.  It has really been good to have some of the food I have gotten in packages from home on some nights to make up for the food we don’t have in our apartment!  So, I guess Mom and Dad, don’t stop sending me food!

Well, everything is going great down here in Mexico. I am back to being healthy and this area is looking great!  I love teaching the people of Mexico!

Love, 

Elder Fawcett


Taxi Back Seat on the Way to Stake Cantata
Elder Fawcett, Member, Teresa and Jorge


Scenery Along the Way
.




Zone Missionaries with President and Sister Kimball






Elders Fawcett and Bodegas











Drying My Laundry!!