Monday, February 11, 2019

Week 28 - Bike Crash!!

Hola Everyone,

The highlight of this past week were the baptisms of Teresa and Jorge. I baptized Teresa and Elder Bodegas baptized Jorge. Then I confirmed Jorge and Elder Bodegas confirmed Teresa. I get a little stage fright speaking English let alone Spanish in front of a lot of people, but everything went well and it was so rewarding to see them get baptized and confirmed. At the baptism we didn’t have a lot of members, but we had all the missionaries from our District with some of their investigators.

We did a lot of contacting this week. We have a few investigators we are working with, but no one real promising yet, except for Sylvia. She wants to come to church, but she is old and lives alone. Her daughter doesn’t speak to her and she doesn’t have a lot of money. So, we have asked one of the members if they could bring her to church and they did and were fine with it. But then they kind of back tracked and said they didn’t want to make a habit of it. We told them that we understood. We have asked the Ward for support, but they just kind of got mad at us. We aren’t sure why, but that’s where we are right now. Opening a new Area is super, super hard.

Another thing that happened this week is that I had a bike accident. Basically, I fell off my bike. I don’t know how, but I hit my head and broke my helmet. But don’t worry! I’m okay. I don’t have a concussion or anything like that. I’m just grateful that I was wearing a helmet.

My Spanish is still coming along. I’m starting to get a little faster since I am coming up on my seventh month mark. I just keep studying and doing the best I can.

It’s almost the end of the Cycle again, so we will have transfers next week. It will be fun to see what changes will be made. There’s a lot of missionaries coming in this Cycle, almost as many that came in with me. There are about 20 that are coming in and when I came there were about 25. So that’s pretty cool. We’ll see if Elder Bodegas or myself gets transferred, but I really don’t think we will. Usually they keep us here for two Cycles, so one of us will probably go next cycle. 

The whole mission was told a couple weeks ago that Elder Quentin R. Cook from the Twelve Apostles would be coming this week. But we haven’t heard any more about it except that he might not have time to come. So, we are not sure if her his coming or not, but we hope so!

We are working hard and doing the best we can. Thanks for all your support and letters. I love the people of Mexico and I love being a missionary!

Love, 

Elder Fawcett


Elder Bodegas, Jorge, Teresa and Elder Fawcett










Ward Member with Jorge and Teresa









Jorge Sporting his New CTR Ring




Elders Bodegas and Fawcett with the District Leader



















Thank Heavens for Helmets!
















Yep, It Is Broken!
















Teaching Kids English in the Streets
















Contacting!!!