Monday, January 27, 2020

Week 78 - Death of a Convert!

Hola Everyone:

Well, this week is finally over and I know that is a pretty bad thing to say, but this past week has really been a hard one.  Real de Minas has turned out to be probably my hardest area on my mission.  We almost literally contacted every part of the area and just really didn’t have any success.  The good news came last night late though that we would be taken out!

So today, I got transferred to the other side of Pachuca to an area called Nuevo Hidalgo and my new Companion is Elder Van from Nebraska.  He has only been out for a little under 6 months so I will be continuing his training as a missionary which should be fun!  This new area is close to some of the areas where I have already served in, so I sort of know the general area a little bit and I know that the work is progressing better here.  The best thing is that I am actually being transferred into an area that already has a few existing investigators for a change!

Some bad news I got this past week from Elders Bodegas and George was that Nancy who I taught and baptized in Actopan in October of last year, died!  She was a single mother who had 2 young daughters that she took care of.  When I asked what she died from, Elder Bodegas told me that although she was only 28 years old, she had been taken to the hospital with a lung disease and ended up dying because of that and the fact that she was malnourished.  She was really poor and even when I was there, she gave most of the food she could afford to her daughters.  I guess the good thing is that she got baptized before leaving this life!

Anyway, I am excited to be now working in Nuevo Hidalgo and I am happy to be getting right to work with my new companion!
I love it here in Mexico and for the chance I have to serve the people here as a missionary.  I hope everyone has a great week.

Love 

Elder Fawcett


Nancy at her Baptism Last October